Monday, February 18, 2013

Reflection #5: Law of Love


          This past weekend I had the privilege of going home and seeing one of my friends from high school who just happened to be home from school at the same time. While driving home, I thought about this assignment and who exactly I was going to talk to, the above mentioned high school friend was the first to come to mind. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I had to talk to her. She has been there for me more times than I can count and has helped me through some extremely rough patches in my life, as well as me being there for her. Our high school is the definition of cliquey. If you don’t find a clique to fit into by the second week of school, you’re pretty much an outcast until everybody realizes how stupid cliques are (around finals Junior year). She was is a year younger than I am and neither of us really found a place where we fit in, so naturally we just kind of drifted together and through that, we became close friends. 

          When we finally ended up figuring out the logistics of our reunion, I sat her down and told her how grateful I am that she was there for me in the past and still in my life to this day, I told her just how much she helped me throughout the years and how much I value our friendship. Before I go on, I would like to state that this girl is possibly one of the strongest individuals I have ever met, with that being said, after I told her that, she bawled like a baby. To say that I was taken by surprise is an understatement. She then told me that she felt the same way and that without me, she probably wouldn’t have found her calling in life (whatever that means) and dropped out of school. 

          After we had our reunion and she beat the crap out of me after telling her I had to write a blog entry about this (thus the lack of direct information...she’s watching), we said our goodbyes and parted ways for the time being. I found myself feeling elated, not only because I could be sure that she knows how much I appreciate her, but also because I know just how much she appreciates me. In the future, I probably shouldn’t wait as long as I did to do something like that. The sooner is always better.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that we shouldn't wait so long to let people know how much we appreciate them. I need to definetely let my close friends and family members know how much they mean to me. It's kind of sad to think about and a cliche thing to say, but you never know when you won't be able to tell someone how much you truely appreciate them anymore. It's definetely something we should never take for granted.

    ReplyDelete