Monday, March 18, 2013

Reflection #7


       After completing a few of the exercises outlined by Chopra in the back of his book, I noticed a few changes almost immediately. First of all, I noticed a clarity that I haven’t experienced in a long time, I finally found myself having the ability to step back and take an outside perspective of my issues. I felt relaxed, calm, and collected I found myself feeling far more relaxed and capable of sitting down and working, rather than dreading working and putting off various necessary tasks until the last minute. After my previous experience with these exercises, I will defiantly be doing them on a weekly, if not daily basis. The positive changes I felt after doing these exercises were far greater than I had hoped for and continuing would only help me improv on my life. 
       
       I believe that the majority of my friends fall under the friendship of pleasure category, much like many other people my age. As is the case with most people, I like to be around people who share similar interests as me. I believe there is a possibility for one or more of my current friendships to evolve into a friendship of virtue, however; I don’t think it is possible while still in college, especially at Monmouth College. Specifically because we rely on each other so much on campus because of the small size of departments and student organizations, we all must make friends for utility and pleasure, but there is very little call for friendship of virtue. The people I view as possible being friends of virtue are going to be the ones who stick around after college, those who are still involved in my life years after we leave Monmouth, the kind of people who will eventually be involved in the life of my children, not because we need one another to get through a project, or assistance is needed on a paper, but because we honestly want to help each other out, because we care about one another. That is what I believe a real example of a friendship of virtue. That, in the end, is all I, and I assume most other people, want in a perfect friendship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment